Alcott Global Leaders In Supply Chain and Logistics podcast: Xiuling Guo, MD at Cargill
You can read this article in 2 minutes
Xiuling Guo is the Managing Director Asia for the edible oil business of Cargill. Xiuling has held a multitude of other roles around strategy, sourcing, S&OP, and lean manufacturing. Before Cargill, she was a Supply Chain Director with Yum! Brands Group in China.
Cargill is one of the largest global food corporations, some of their major businesses include trading, purchasing, and distribution of grain and other agricultural commodities. They are also the largest privately held corporation by revenue in the States with over 166,000 employees in 66 countries.
Some of the highlights from this week’s podcast are as follows:
- How to make the switch from supply chain to full PnL
- What are key areas of focus as a leader (E2E supply chain matters!)
- Why Xiuling thinks planning is key as a function (even if accurate forecasting is impossible)
- Understanding the WHY is much more important than the WHAT or the HOW
- Best career advice and inflection points
For alternative listening options, visit the Alcott Global website here.