Bans for trucks during this week and for the rest of August
You can read this article in 5 minutes
Check where and when traffic bans will apply for the Feast of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Some national holidays also take place in Hungary and Slovakia during August.
Croatia – from 15 to 23.
France – August 14 from 22 to 24 – lorries and sets of vehicles with a DMC above 7.5 tonnes, with the exception of special and agricultural vehicles.
In addition to public holidays in France, there are also additional restrictions on the movement of heavy goods vehicles over 7.5 t – summer bans. These restrictions cover the entire road network in France and will apply on 3, 10, 17 and 24 August from 7 a.m. for the rest of the day.. You can find all of the details in our article on French traffic bans.
Luxembourg – from 21:30 to 24 in the direction of France and from 23:30 to 24 in the direction of Germany. The ban includes vehicles with a DMC above 7.5 t with or without a trailer.
Poland – from 18 to 22 vehicles and vehicle combinations with a maximum authorized mass exceeding 12 tonnes.
Austria – from 0:00 to 22. The prohibition applies to tractors with trailers with a tractor or trailer DMC above 3.5 tonnes, trucks, articulated vehicles with a Dmc exceeding 7.5 tonnes.
Croatia – from 14 to 23.
In addition, in Croatia from 15 June to 15 September, a summer ban is in force:
– Saturdays from 4 to 14,
– on Sundays from 12 to 23.
Restrictions apply to trucks on the following national roads (D):
– D8: connection to D40 (intersection Bakar) – Zadar – Split – border crossing Klek and Zaton Doli – Dubrovnik – border crossing Karasovici ( Montenegro ), except for sections from the intersection with D27 at the Sibenik bridge to the eastern entry to Sibenik (exit at D58), from the Bilice roundabout in Solen to the intersection with the shopping terminal in Stobrec,
– D9: Metkovic – Opuzen – D8,
– D21: border crossing Kastel (Slovenia) – Buje – Kanfanar crossing, except for section D21 connecting Kanfanar with Pula (connection to D66),
– D23: Zuta Lokva – Senj,
– D39: A1 Sestanovac connection – intersection with D8 (Dupci),
– D66: Pool (A9) – Race – Opatija – D8,
– D200: Buje (D21) – border crossing Plovanija (Slovenia),
– D300: Buje (D21) – Umag,
– From 5002: Novigrad – Tar – Porec – Vrsar (connection to D21),
– At the entrance and at the port area of Split,
– At the entrance and at the Zadar port area.
France – from 0:00 to 22.
Luxembourg – from 0:00 to 21:45.
Poland – from 8 to 22.
Slovenia – from 8 to 21. The restriction applies to heavy goods vehicles and vehicle sets with a DMC exceeding 7.5 tonnes.
Italy – from 7 to 22. The ban covers heavy goods vehicles and vehicle combinations intended for the transport of goods with a maximum permissible weight of 7.5 tons.
In addition, during the summer season in Italy, there are traffic restrictions for the above-mentioned vehicles on Saturdays and Sundays. Details can be found in our article on this subject.
Hungary – from 22 to 24. Truck traffic bans in Hungary refer to heavy goods vehicles with a maximum permissible weight of 7.5 tons.
Hungary – from 0:00 to 22 (St. Stefan’s Day).
Slovakia – from 0:00 to 22 (Anniversary of the Slovak National Uprising). The ban applies to heavy goods vehicles with a Dmc of over 7.5 t and heavy goods vehicles with a DMC above 3.5 t with a trailer or semi-trailer.