DFDS erroneously posts Class 1 Day Driver job with £337,258 annual salary
Danish international shipping and logistics company DFDS accidentally posted a Class 1 Day Driver job on its own recruitment website with average annual earnings of £337,258. A company representative has confirmed that the figure was a mistake; the real average annual earnings of the job are £37,258.
The job is based out of Killingholme near Hull, where DFDS runs a number of logistics operations.
Introducing the rates, the job ad read “DFDS HAVE RECENTLY INTRODUCED IMPROVED PAY RATES FOR CLASS 1 DRIVERS” before stating that average annual earnings are a whopping £337,258. However, it has now been amended after an extra 3 was added by mistake.
As the job posting explains, the role “involves involves picking up ferry trailers from Immingham docks, tipping at customer site, reload and back to the docks.”
Besides the eye opening salary, other benefits of the job include:
- Maximum tax-free payments on all subsistence allowances
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Re-imbursement of driver medicals
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Proactive support and access to funded continued professional development and full Driver CPC training provided FOC
- Regular Team social events for drivers and families
- Full employee assistance programme including: Proactive financial, emotional, mental and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more