BIC’s Mario Berra on the importance of supply chain in the stationery Industry
You can read this article in 2 minutes
Mario Berra is the SVP Americas & Global Manufacturing at BIC for the last 2 years, based in Mexico. Previously, Mario performed as a VP Manufacturing Americas and also Industrial Director Stationery Americas.
Before joining BIC, Mario worked at Electrolux as a Plant Manager for over 2 years, and also previous responsibilities as Operations Director and Operations Manager. He also worked at Samsung Electronics as Production Manager and LG Electronics as Manufacturing Manager in the Refrigeration industry. He is a Production Industrial Engineer.
In this episode of the Alcott Global Leaders in Supply Chain Latin America podcast, host Xabier Basañez talks with Mario Berra about the following:
- Mario’s career path with Daewoo Electronics, Peterson Springs and LG Electronics.
- Initial steps in the Refrigeration World and its Supply Chain.
- Mario’s experiences and challenges at Samsung, Electrolux and BIC.
- How Mario dealt with the Covid 19 pandemic and the shutdowns in the world Supply Chain.
- How Mario took on the responsibility of assuming SVP Americas & Global Manufacturing.
- The digital transformation of the Supply Chain in BIC.
- What skills Mario considers the most important for SCCO to lead their organization and teams.
For more episodes in this podcast series, visit the Alcott Global website.