Summer truck bans 2021. See where and when they will be in effect
Summer truck bans are already in force in Austria and Poland and they will apply in many other countries in the coming days. Check them out in the list below.
The traffic ban applies to trucks and vehicle combinations with GVW of over 7.5 tonnes, except for special vehicles and agricultural vehicles. Summer restrictions will be in effect from 7 am to 7 pm on the following Saturdays:
– July 24 and 31,
– August 7, 14, and 21.
And on Sundays following the listed Saturdays – from 0:00 to 10 pm.
During the summer in Italy, in addition to Sunday and holiday traffic bans, there are also Saturday and Friday restrictions. Traffic of trucks with a gross vehicle weight of more than 7.5 t is prohibited on Italian roads:
every Saturday from 8 am to 4 pm,
on Friday, July 23 and 30, from 4 pm to 10 pm,
every Sunday from 7 am to 10 pm.
– 6 (Friday) from 4 pm to 10 pm,
– 7 (Saturday) from 8 am to 10 pm,
– 13 (Friday) 4 pm to 10 pm,
– 14 (Saturday) 8 am to 10 pm,
– 21 (Saturday) 8 am to 4 pm,
– 28 (Saturday) 8 am to 4 pm.
– and every Sunday from 7 am to 10 pm.
Germany has reinstated truck bans. From July 1 to August 31, truck restrictions will be in effect on some German highways and federal roads. You can find more information about the bans in Germany here.
In the Czech Republic, summer traffic bans apply to trucks and combinations of vehicles with GVW over 7.5 t and are valid from July 1 to August 31. They extend to motorways, expressways and first class roads on:
– Fridays from 5 pm to 9 pm,
– Saturdays from 7 am to 1 pm,
– Sundays and other holidays during the summer from 1 pm to 10 pm.
Summer restrictions, in effect from July 1 to August 31 in Hungary, apply to vehicles over 7.5 t on the following days:
– Saturday (if not a working day) from 3 pm to 10 pm on Sundays,
– from 10 pm on the day before the holiday to 10 pm on the holiday.
Between July 1 and August 31, the restrictions, which apply to vehicles with a gross vehicle weight of more than 7.5 t, are in effect from 7 am to 7 pm on Saturdays.
The restrictions are in effect from the last Friday in June through the last Sunday before the start of the school year, i. e. June 25 through August 29 this year. On these dates trucks over 12 t are banned from driving:
– Fridays from 6 pm to 10 pm,
– Saturdays from 8 am to 2 pm,
– Sundays from 8 am to 10 pm.
Photo credit @ Trans.INFO