COO of Swiss sportswear brand On talks innovation, diversity and innovative culture
On was born in the Swiss Alps with one goal: to transform the sensation of running. In 12 years, On has become a global sportswear brand, which continues to challenge “status quo”, through innovation, commitment to performance and sustainability, and passion to inspire people to explore, move, and dream.
During Jiahui’s 8 years at On, the company grew its global team from 40 to 2,000, went public in 2021, and achieved revenue growth of 60 times to 1.2B swiss francs in 2022.
Before On, Jiahui had NO experience in supply chain, except for one month of night shift in a chocolate factory, and one course during MBA at Harvard Business School.
She was once an assistant brand manager for M&M’s in Beijing, a stock trader at Merrill Lynch in Singapore, and a strategy and private equity consultant at Bain based in New York. As a mother of 2 (soon to be 3) small kids, Jiahui lives in Switzerland with her Chinese-speaking Swiss husband, who is the CEO of a local retail and real estate company.
In this episode of the Alcott Global Podcast Leaders in Supply Chain podcast, host Fei Yu talks to Yin about the following:
- How Jiahui made a fast track to be a COO of a listed company
- How Jiahui manages family life with 2 kids and 3rd on the way, and a COO job in a competitive retail environment
- Maintaining a young and innovative culture that is “not corporate but still corporate”
- Promoting diversity to the team
- Advice to young talents; three key qualities
For more podcasts in this series, visit the Alcott Global website.