Tyrol: the fourth block check in this week. The queue is already 20 km long!
You can read this article in 2 minutes
Today is the next block check in Tyrol, Austria – the 4th one in 5 days. On Wednesday, the control resulted in a 40-kilometre-long queue of trucks on the Bavarian A93 highway.
Today, around 6:40 am, the congestion on the A93 motorway between the Dreieck Inntal junction and the border crossing in Kiefersfelden, Tyrol, Austria was 15 km long, and by 8:30 it grew to 20 km long. In this part of the motorway, overtaking for vehicles over 3.5 t is forbidden.
You can check the current situation on the German traffic information portal.
As reported by the Austrian media, the check-in should end today at 10 am. The next ones will take place next week.
Block checks in June:
– June 6, Thursday before Pentecost,
– June 11, Tuesday after Pentecost,
– June 12, Wednesday after Pentecost,
– June 13, Pentecost Thursday,
– June 17, Monday before Corpus Christi,
– June 18, Tuesday before Corpus Christi,
– June 19, Wednesday before Corpus Christi,
– June 21, Friday after Corpus Christi.
Photo: Martin Putz/Wikimedia Commons