Last Mile Brief 18/09: Geopost extends Day Definite Delivery service across Europe
You can read this article in 4 minutes
Last Mile Brief is sponsored by:
Want the Last Mile Brief sent to your inbox every weekday? Sign up for free here.
Geopost’s enhanced DPD Classic service, which offers a lead time from shipping postcode to a destination postcode, has been expanded Europe.
In February, Geopost launched the enhanced version of its standard DPD service within 10 European countries with information on parcel arrival day to better support its customers in their cross-border journeys.
Following this initial phase, DPD Classic updated to Day Definite has now been deployed to Geopost’s full European network.
DPD says this will gives its clients access to 30 European markets with reliable lead times and an attractive price.
Geopost says it has upgraded the standard DPD Classic / DPD Business and DPD Home with following:
- A comprehensive reach, by offering access to the densest network in Europe covered by DPD Classic:
- From 24 countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, The Netherlands, United Kingdom
- To 30 countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, The Netherlands, United Kingdom, Bosnia, Serbia, Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Finland.
The upgraded version of DPD Classic also includes the following:
- Lead time from origin postcode to a destination postcode, with a collection/pickup cut-off time.
- Digital tools to offer predictability to customers, help businesses to better optimize their on-site deliveries and to encourage the purchase decision on the part of consumers:
- Lead Time Map: an interactive and exhaustive view of the door-to-door lead times.
- Lead Time calculator: lets clients discover lead times for parcels between two postcodes everywhere in Europe
- Geopost’s pioneering notification system Predict, part of our DPD Classic services for more than 10 years and which offers clients and customers the flexibility to change delivery options with redirections to +84,000 Pickup locations in Europe, beyond end-to-end tracking and live tracking during delivery tour.
Commenting on the news, Eric Dietz, Geopost CEO for Europe, said:
“The first phase of Day Definite has sparked true interest with our clients. What is mostly appreciated is the alliance between key components for their commerce journey intra-Europe: a stable and high-quality level of service with reliable lead times at an affordable price. Extending this offering to our complete network is therefore a significant step. It strategically completes our range of services covering reliability –via Day Definite–, predictability –through Predict notification system–, and sustainability –via our decarbonization plan and low-emission fleets.”