Shekar Natarajan on leading transformation and redefining the logistics sector
You can read this article in 2 minutes
Shekar Natarajan is the Chief Supply Chain Officer for American Eagle Outfitters and has been with the company for quite a few years.
Shekar has done pretty much all the different scopes and roles within supply chain with a great impact. He’s had a long-standing career within supply chain.
He has worked for several very large FMCG companies earlier in his career, including Coca-Cola, Pepsi, and AB InBev. He also made significant things within very large retailers such as Walmart and Target.
Now he’s driving some extremely interesting projects within the American Eagle Outfitters supply chain, including the acquisition that they’ve made to Quiet Logistics and AirTerra.
They are creating a sharing platform where logistics and supply chains can be looked across different retailers and different brands.
In this episode of the Alcott Global Leaders in Supply Chain podcast, host Radu Palamariu and Shekar discuss:
- Why Shekar’s career was a series of accidents
- How Shekar convinced AEO’s CEO of significant acquisitions within the supply chain and logistics sector
- Building the Shopify of Logistics and how will works
- Why brands and retailers should collaborate on supply chain
- Dogged persistence and the keys to success
For this and more podcasts in the series, visit the Alcott Global website.