DAF announces full new truck series for distribution and vocational applications
You can read this article in 2 minutes
A new generation of DAF XD will be unveiled at IAA 2022 in Hanover this September, announced the company on Thursday. Here is some sneak peeks at the latest improvements.
The New Generation DAF XD is based on the platform of the XF, XG and XG⁺ long haul trucks. The well-known features – including the industry-leading aerodynamics, powertrains, seating position and fit and finish – will now also be introduced in the distribution and vocational segment.
Here are some details that DAF has already shared about their latest improvements:
- Large windscreen and large side windows with ultra-low belt lines;
- Low cab position and optional curb view window;
- Indirect view thanks to the unique DAF Corner View and DAF Digital Camera System;
- Fuel efficiency and low CO2 emissions due to improved cab aerodynamics;
- New PACCAR MX-11 driveline and advanced driver assistance systems;
- Availability of PTO’s, body attachment modules and connectors
- A spacious cab with volumes of up to nearly 10 m3;
- Unique adjustment ranges of seat and steering wheel;
- Ergonomic dashboard with crystal clear and fully digital instrument panels;
Production is planned to start in Autumn 2022.