Last Mile Brief 15/08/2023: ‘Fulfilled by TikTok’ launches in the UK for TikTok Shop merchants
You can read this article in 3 minutes
Last Mile Brief is sponsored by:
Want the Last Mile Brief sent to your inbox every weekday? Sign up for free here.
Social media giant TikTok has announced the launch of ‘Fulfilled by TikTok’ (FBT), a new logistics program which makes it “easier than ever” for merchants using TikTok Shop in the UK to sell on the platform.
According to TikTok, FBT is a logistics offering available in the UK where TikTok Shop stores, picks, packs and then ships merchants’ products to the TikTok community.
“It is designed to help free merchants from time-consuming logistics via a simple, fast and affordable solution, so they can focus on important aspects of their business such as marketing, content and product development,” says the well-known social media company.
The service offers the following:
- Same day, automated fulfilment for all orders made by 7PM Monday to Saturday
- A next working day premium delivery service
- Improved customer feedback and ratings through our instant messaging service and dedicated customer service employees
- Improved metrics in terms of reduced delivery times
TikTok adds that the service works as follows:
- Merchants which sign up to FBT will hand over a volume of their stock, which is then stored at a warehouse. Merchants don’t have to store all of their SKUs at the warehouse, or use FBT for all of their products; they can select particular items which they would like to store and ship through FBT.
- Once a merchant’s items are stored in the FBT warehouse, when an order is placed the warehouse will pick, pack and label the merchandise before it is shipped – all through one seamless service.
- In order to be eligible for FBT, merchants must be based in (and delivering to) the UK, and packages must not exceed a weight of 30kg or a cubic volume of 31.5 cubic litres per shipment.
- TikTok Shop charges fees for warehousing, shipping and other added value services such as labelling, pre-packing and inserting leaflets.