The French government has relaxed the current driving bans to allow specified freight traffic during the Ascension and Pentecost holidays, IRU has reported. The relaxation applies from 16:00 on 20 May to 24:00 on 21 May.
Driving bans are lifted for the following categories:
- Vehicles transporting food (for animal or human consumption), health products (for animal or human health) including all products and materials necessary for their production and provision
- Vehicles transporting materials, products, equipment, devices, fuels or fluids used for public construction works (the building or renovation activities for the service sector, industrial or commercial buildings as well as collective housing)
- Vehicles transporting manufactured products, including all products and materials necessary for their production and provision
- Vehicles transporting parcels in relation to mail operations
- Removal vehicles (for removals or relocations)
The empty return of these vehicles is also permitted during the period that the ban is lifted.
The next time, when the driving bans will be lifted in France, is from 22:00 on 31 May to 24:00 on 1 June; during Pentecost.