Holiday truck traffic restrictions in Austria and Italy
You can read this article in 2 minutes
In the summer season in Italy and Austria truck drivers are faced with additional traffic restrictions, Check where and when they are valid.
Restrictions in Austria
All year round in Austria there is a weekend driving ban from 3 p.m. on Saturdays until 10 p.m. on Sundays. It applies to vehicles and sets of vehicles with DMC greater than 7.5 t.
On holidays truck cannot drive on Austrian roads between midnight and 10 p.m.
The restrictions have been extended to the following highways:
- Inntalautobahn A 12 (from the border of the country in Kufstein to Zams) and Brennerautobahn A 13 (from Innsbruck-Süd to Brenner) in all Saturdays from 1 July until 26 August from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. and additionally on Friday 4 August from 4 p.m. until 10 p.m. if the destination is in Italy or the route runs through Italy.
- Ostautobahn A 4 (Schwechat-Nickelsdorf) on all Saturdays from 1 July until 2 September between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m.
What’s more, there are traffic bans on the following routes on all Saturdays from 1 July until 26 August between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m.:
- Loferer Bundesstraße (B 178) from Lofer to Wörgl,
- Ennstal-Bundesstraße (B 320) – on the whole route,
- Seefelder Bundesstraße (B 177) – on the whole route,
- Fernpass-Bundestraße (B 179) from Nassereith to Bieberwier,
- Achensee-Bundesstraße (B 181) – on the whole route.
Restrictions in Italy
In Italy during the holiday season, additional traffic restrictions for trucks should be expected. They are in force on all Saturdays from 1 July until 26 September between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
On Saturdays, 29 July, 5 August and 12 August they are extended and are in force until 10 p.m. (from 8 a.m. until 10 p.m.).
In addition, trucks will be prohibited from driving on Italian roads also on Friday 28 July from 4 p.m. until 10 p.m. and on Friday 4 August from 2 p.m. until 10 p.m.