Austrians have introduced additional restrictions on the traffic of heavy goods vehicles with DMC over 7.5 tonnes. The amendment to the Road Traffic Act, which was published in the Federal Gazette on Friday 12 April, provides for these prohibitions.
In line with the adopted amendment, due to restrictions on truck traffic in Germany and Italy, prohibitions for trucks were also introduced on two Tyrolean motorways.
They will cover the following sections of motorways:
– A12 (Inntalautoban) from the state border in Kufstein to the intersection of Imst,
– A13 (Brennerautobahn) from the Innsbruck Süd junction to the state border.
The restrictions will apply:
– Good Friday (April 19) from 0:00 to 22 in the direction of Germany and from 16 to 22, if the destination is Italy or a route to another country passes through Italy,
– on Holy Saturday (20 April) from 11 to 15, if the target is Italy or a journey to another country passes through Italy,
– on Thursday, April 25 from 11 to 22, if the destination is Italy or a route to another country passes through Italy.
This prohibition applies to trucks and vehicles with trailers with a maximum permissible weight of 7.5 tonnes.
Additional summer bans
Also, the adopted amendment refers to bans on A12 and A13 for the same type of vehicles:
– all Saturdays from July 6 until August 31, from 7.00 to 15.00, if the destination is Italy or another country to which the route passes through Italy,
– all Saturdays from July 6 until August 31, from 7.00 to 15.00, if the destination is Germany or another country to which the route passes through Germany,
– all Saturdays from July 6 to August 31, from 8.00 to 15.00, outside built-up area, regardless of the direction to:
- on the road Loferer Straße B 178 from Lofer to Wörgl,
- Ennstalstraße B320, starting from a kilometre of 4,500,
- by road Seefelder Straße B 177 (in full),
- Road Fernpassstraße B 179 from Nassereith to Biberwier,
- on the way Achensee Straße B 181 (in total).
– All Saturdays from 29 June until August 31 from 8.00 to 15.00 on the A4 motorway in both directions from the Schwechat junction to the border in Nickelsdorf (except for routes ending in or departing from Neusiedl am See, Eisenstadt, Eisenstadt-Umgebung, Rust, Mattersburg, Bruck an der Leitha, Gänserndorf and Korneuburg).
Also, on the A13 and A12 even on October 3 will be banned from moving trucks from 0:00 to 22:00 if the route runs to Germany or through them.
The restrictions do not apply to:
– among others transport of cattle for slaughter, postal items, newspapers and magazines, stationery, urgent transportation of petrol stations, catering establishments, the supply of equipment necessary for the servicing of refrigeration equipment, road assistance;
– transport operations aimed at delivering or collecting goods to airports;
– Combined transportation rail-road. In this case, it is allowed to transport goods from the sender to the nearest railway terminal.